• December 2018 - Present Surface Scientist and Nanoscale Analyst College of Engineering Oregon State University, Corvallis OR • July 2013 - November 2018 Research Scientist Department of Materials Science and Engineering University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson TX • June 2010 - June 2013 Postdoctoral Research Physics Physics Department University of South Florida, Tampa FL • November 2006 - March 2010 Research Assistant Institut National Polytechnique de Lorraine (INPL, France) & Swiss Federal Laboratories for Materials Science and Technology (Empa, Switzerland)
• 2010 PhD, Institut National Polytechnique de Lorraine, Nancy (France)
• 2006 MS, Aix-Marseille University, Marseille (France)
• 2004 BS, Mohamed First University, Oujda (Morocco)
Topics of Interests
• Nanomaterials: 2D layered materials, oxides, semiconductors, topological insulators.
• Chemical and physical investigation of device interfaces
• Surface Science
• Thin film technology
• Device Integration
• Catalysis and Sensing
Selected Publications: • Recombination kinetics and effects of superacid treatment in sulfur and selenium based transition metal dichalcogenides. M. Amani, R. Addou, G. H. Ahn, D. Kiriya, P Taheri, D.-H. Lien, J. W. Ager, R. M. Wallace, and Ali Javey. Nano Lett., 16 (4), 2786–2791 (2016)
• Surface defects on natural MoS2.
R. Addou, L. Colombo and R. M. Wallace. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 7, 11921-11929 (2015)
• The Influence of Hydroxyls on Pd-Atom Mobility and Clustering on Rutile-TiO2(011)-2×1. R. Addou, T. P. Senftle , N. O'Connor, M. J. Janik , A. C.T. van Duin, and Matthias Batzill. ACS Nano, 8 (6), 6321–6333 (2014)
• Defect-dominated doping and contact resistance in MoS2. S. McDonnell, R. Addou, C. Buie, R. M. Wallace, C. L. Hinkle. ACS Nano, 8 (3), pp 2880–2888 (2014)
• Growth of a two dimensional dielectric monolayer on quasi-freestanding graphene.
R. Addou, A. Dahal and M. Batzill. Nature Nanotechnology 8, 41-45 (2013)
• Monolayer graphene growth on Ni(111) by low temperature chemical vapor deposition.
R. Addou, A. Dahal, P. Sutter and M. Batzill.
Appl. Phys. Lett. 100 021601 (2012)
• Structure Investigation of the (100) surface of the orthorhombic Al13Co4 crystal.
R. Addou, E. Gaudry, T. Deniozou, M. Heggen, M. Feuerbacher, P. Gille, R. Widmer, O. Groening, V. Fournée, Y. Grin, J. M. Dubois, and J. Ledieu. Phys. Rev. B 80 014203 (2009)