We are hiring a surface scientist with experience in QPlus-AFM.
Know anyone who might be interested?
Send me your resume!
We are CBN, Canadian Bank Note Company, Limited. Headquartered in Ottawa, Ontario, with primary manufacturing operations based in Canada. CBN employs over 1,500 people worldwide. CBN was established in 1897 to supply security-printed products to the Canadian government, which it has done continuously ever since. The supply of Canadian currency, passports, and postage stamps are three important activities entrusted to the Company and as a result the company is recognized as part of Canada’s critical infrastructure. CBN has expanded from this base to the supply of the same and similar products to other countries and today more than half of CBN’s sales originate outside of Canada.
CBN creates secure documents with original designs that include a comprehensive set of intricate security features, making them extremely difficult to counterfeit. Our scientists and production team have previously developed and deployed leading innovations in substrates, inks, coatings and more. With this proven history of technical leadership, CBN has the resources and insight to develop this new, more broadly applicable technology.
We are developing a new manufacturing technology that is automated, of high precision, and heavily parallelized. We will use it to make counterfeit-proof banknotes, passports, and drivers licenses. This technology has broader applicability to secure documents of all types, as well as to computers, medical uses, and environmental remediation. To support this effort, we are hiring a team of subject matter expert scientists and engineers.
We are currently hiring:
- SPM Experimentalist
Keywords: UHV SPM, Ultra High Vacuum Scanning Probe Microscopy, Equipment Construction, Experimental Design, Surface Chemistry, Surface Reaction, Molecular Manipulation, Transfer print patterning, Molecular Deposition.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Workstation Operation and Experimental Design
* Operate SPM hardware and perform process development experiments
* Work with the engineering team to propose, design, construct, and test nanoscale structures and devices
* Rapid learning of the particular technical issues, challenges and solutions associated with this advanced nanotechnology
* Document equipment modifications, experimental parameters, processes, and results
*Assist in the specification and testing for new and upgraded engineering tools
To apply for the SPM Experimentalist position, please submit your application via LinkedIn at this link: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2911322341
- Synthetic Chemist
We are seeking an organic chemist to help design and synthesize our multifunctional organic nanomaterials. This role will collaborate closely with our surface science and computational chemistry teams to improve the performance of our target molecules.
We are searching for a scientist to synthesize chemical intermediates and finished materials in support of our discovery research.
* Design, optimize, and troubleshoot multistep synthesis of organic and organometallic compounds
* Characterize, isolate, and purify sensitive target compounds
* Coordinate with chemistry lab members to keep lab fully operational
* Collaborate closely with an interdisciplinary team to design new synthetic targets.
Keywords: Synthetic Chemistry, Multistep organic synthesis, Organic chemist, Organic chemistry, Catalysis, Natural product synthesis, Target oriented synthesis, Physical organic chemistry, Radical chemistry, Photochemistry, Purification, Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy (NMR), High performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), Mass spectrometry.
- Back End Software Developer
Duties and Responsibilities.
· Write effective, scalable code
· Develop back-end components to improve responsiveness and overall performance
· Integrate user-facing elements into applications
· Test and debug programs
· Improve functionality of existing systems
· Implement security and data protection solutions
· Assess and prioritize feature requests
· Coordinate with internal teams to understand user requirements and provide technical solutions
Keywords: Python, Golang, Docker, REST API, OpenCV, Developer, Web Development, Data, Algorithms, Database, SQL, NoSQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, InfluxDB, Linux, Data Pipeline, Airflow, MLflow, Extract Transform Load (ETL), Software Development, Testing, Jira, Back-End Developer
- Scientific Python Developer
Keywords: Algorithm development, systems design, python, software testing, software documentation, Linux, version control, git, Jira, issue tracking, chemistry, physics, python3, numpy, scipy, cloud computing, go, Java, FORTRAN, C++, Rust, SQL, Neo4j, Oracle, MariaDB, MongoDB, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Cassandra, Pachyderm, Computational chemistry, cheminformatics, computational science, genetic algorithms, computational physics, applied mathematics, electrical engineering, computer engineering
For more details or to apply to any open position, please email a copy of your resume to Kayla at ‘klebreto(at)cbnco.com’